With Halloween right around the corner, it’s time to be thinking about that killer costume and fun Halloween decor to take part in trick or treating or those fun October 31st parties. Becoming a unicorn for the night is a fun way to celebrate this holiday, and making a unicorn reflective dress is simple and easy if you follow these few tips. Keep reading to find out everything you need to make a unicorn reflective dress for Halloween!
Everything You Need to Make a Unicorn Reflective Dress in 7 Steps
1. Don’t try to reinvent the wheel. Instead, make your dress from an extra-long sweatshirt and a pair of white tights or leggings. The sweatshirt should come just about an inch or 2 above the knee. If you live in a warm climate, a long tee-shirt will also work. If you have a simple white dress, that will work too. This will form the base for your uniform reflective dress.
2. Next, purchase some white reflective tape and add tape to the outside of the arms, as well as down the sides, and add a couple of stripes using the reflective tape to the back of the sweatshirt or tee-shirt, as well as down the outside of the legs (of leggings or tights).
3. Take white yarn and cut it into 40 or 50 long strips to form a tail for your unicorn dress, and then fold the yarn in half and sew the tail into place so it has double thickness. You can braid the tail if you wish.
4. Cut shorter pieces of white yarn and stick them to one end of a thick piece of white reflective tape and to add around each wrist and ankle. Add a black pair of mittens and black shoes or slippers for hoofs.
5. Make a pair of large white horse-shaped ears and pink or purple centers using fabric and fabric glue, and attach them to each other. Leave enough space at the bottom of the ears to attach them to headband. (Plastic works best.)
6. You can make your unicorn horn out of stuffed felt, or cardboard covered in glitter and attach it to a ribbon that you tie around your forehead. Add a black nose and red lips.
7. Now add glitter to your hair to make your unicorn mane by spraying your hair with glitter hair spray. This will make your hair/mane sparkle and complete your overall unicorn reflective dress.
In order to protect your hair both before and after using glitter hair spray you may want to use an organic shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair and provide it with a bit of protection and leave it clean and shining. We recommend Unicorn Shimmer Shampoo and Conditioner by Acure Organics. Both products contain unicorn root, making them perfect for cleaning that unicorn main. Then learn how to French braid your own hair, and you’re all set!
Do you feel like you now know everything you need to make a unicorn reflective dress? To top off your costume, be sure to add some unicorn-themed iridescent makeup and glitter. You’ll win that Halloween costume contest for sure!
After the party is over, you’ll want to be able to remove that make-up and glitter as easily as you can take off that reflective unicorn dress. To remove that unicorn makeup, use a rejuvenating facial scrub. And then put that magical creature to bed!