The times that we live in are highly unpredictable. No one knows what to expect, and there is chaos everywhere. The one thing that we know for sure is that there are some preventative measures that we can take to help out our community. The best way to do that is by making face masks at home.
Different kinds of face masks are available to you online and in markets. These are usually medically approved masks, but the fact is that those are specially designed for people who are working on the front-line. The aim is to start face masks that are made out of fabric so that we can save the medical masks for the front-line heroes.
So how can you make face masks with fabric? The question is pretty straightforward and makes sense. Here is a way in which you can make face masks at home with fabric.
Converting a T-Shirt into a Mask
You can take any t-shirt laying around that you don’t use anymore. The best thing about this is that no sewing is required so almost anyone can make this mask. Make sure that you grab a t-shirt that is cotton and has the perfect material that is stretchable and tight. Along with the t-shirt, make sure that you have either hair ties or rubber bands with you.
Here is what you need to do:
- Take the t-shirt and cut the bottom side of the shirt. Cut it to around 8 inches horizontal so that you have enough material to fold.
- Lay the cut-out material in front of you and then turn it into a 90-degree angle. This way, the bottom of the shirt is now facing down.
- Now take the bottom and fold it into the middle. Do the same with the top. Do this step two times.
- Take the rubber band that you had set aside and ring it with the fabric at both ends, leaving a bit of fabric in the middle. It will end up looking like a candy wrapper.
- Take the ends of the shirt that are wrapped with the rubber band and fold them in by bringing them into the middle.
- Once you have done that, then hold the mask from the rubber ends and place it over your face by placing the band over your ears.
- Make sure that your face is adequately covered.
By doing these steps, you will be able to turn your old cotton shirt into a ready to use face mask. You can start doing this for your family and the people around you.
The above method of turning your fabric into a mask is just one of the many hundreds of ways you can use fabric to make masks. All you need to do is visit our website where we will let you know the many innovative ways in which you can turn your household items, especially fabric into mask material. So why wait longer? Go ahead and visit us and make sure to let us know what you think.