Hello makeup lovers! Are you ready to experience something exciting? Well, we understand that creating your own beauty products is pretty fun, as well as healthy. You can use different ingredients to make all natural and organic makeup. This is because sometimes there are different strong chemicals mixed in the makeup to give a long lasting effect on the skin. Not only this, but these chemicals eventually turn out to be cancerous and allergic to skin. That is why making your own makeup can be one of the alternatives and the best solutions.
So do not think that you might require different tools and equipment that are usually used in labs. This is because creating your own makeup with the basic kitchen tools is perfectly possible! Surprisingly, it is even safe to use, and your skin also gains more benefits from these natural ingredients.
So to start with, we will help you with how to make a lipstick yourself at home. Just make sure that you follow the below-mentioned simple steps and gather all the tools for handling all the ingredients.
What You Will Need
Now before beginning, you need to gather all the ingredients and equipment beforehand that are required to make a lipstick. So make sure you have these essentials to know how to make lipstick.
· A measuring cup or a bowl that is heatproof
· A double boiler
· Pipette or a glass dropper
· A spatula and a spoon
· Beeswax – 1 tsp.
· Cocoa butter, mango butter, or Shea butter – 1 tsp.
· Coconut oil or Almond Oil (sweet) – 1 to 2 tsp.
· A drop of yellow or red food coloring
· Beetroot powder – 1/8 tsp.
· Cocoa powder – ¼ to ½ tsp.
You can always shop for these ingredients online.
Directions – How to Make a Lipstick
Now that you have all the ingredients, you are ready to learn how to make lipstick at home. So make sure you follow the directions carefully.
- Put beeswax, oil, and butter in the double boiler. Use a glass measuring cup.
- Fill the saucepan half with water and place the bowl in it.
- Heat it to simmer. Make sure that all the ingredients are melted.
- Once the ingredients are melted remove it from heat. You can always add drops of color or scent if you require.
- Grab a dropper and transfer the lipstick liquid in the lipstick container or a tube.
- Make sure that you leave some space at the top. This is because the mixture will expand as soon as it starts to cool down.
- Cool the mixture for a good 30 minutes. Make sure that it is in a proper solid state and ready to be applied.
- Always keep your lipstick in a dry and cool place.
- Make sure you use the lipstick within max. 6 months.
Now that you know how to make a lipstick yourself, you can always make variations according to your preference. So hurry up and start making it now!