Wednesday, April 16, 2014
decorBase is really great tool for interior designers, design bloggers, and really anyone looking to spruce up a room in their home. The SHOP feature enables users to search and purchase decor items from a multitude of home goods stores from across the web (West Elm, Serena and Lily, Biscuit Home, et al). And if you’re feeling a bit indecisive or don’t know how to Photoshop a fancy rendering? CREATE a mood board so you can see how pieces work together in your room. Or browse our database to HIRE an interior decorator who can tailor your room to your exact specifications.
See how the site works in this super sweet video we had made:
What is decorBase? from decorBase on Vimeo.
LAUNCH DAY GIVEAWAY!
To help spread the word AND get design enthusiasts started on their next project, we have a fun giveaway in the works!
Blog, Tweet, and/or Instagram about the launch of decorBase, and enter two win one of three gift cards to the store of your choice whose products are available at decorBase.com!
First Prize: $500 gift card
Second Prize: $300 gift card
Third Prize: $200 gift card
Be sure to tag @decorBase #decorBase so you are entered! Feel free to use the square photo below!
Winner selected Friday, April 18! The more you share, the more you are entered to win!
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Hey world! (Or maybe I should just say “Hey, Mom!” since, let’s be honest, she’s probably the only one left checking in over here.) Things are busy as always! Busy but great! This month a bit more so…
I went to California for a few days a week or so ago and came home to a letter from my property management that my rent is going up at the end of the lease. It will be more than I can or want to pay so I decided to move! And it’s much easier to find apartments in the off-season (NOT summer, July, when my lease is actually up), so I’ve decided to move out early.
So this month I am:
– traveling for work to NYC
– showing my apartment to try and get it subleased for May and June
– doing media outreach in preparation for the launch of decorBase.com (next week!)
– writing, memorizing, and giving a keynote to the communications school at Illinois State
– finishing up styling projects and making a few changes around this apartment (bar area, “office,” kitchen shelves, art in bedroom)
– shooting my home tour w/ the Stoffers (also next week!)
– immediately after that I am packing up said apartment and moving
– and the usual meetings and work for TEG while trying to maintain healthy relationships outside of work
– oh and my niece will be born sometime between now and the first week of May so a trip up to Michigan is in order
I had a wee little-stress-fest last night quickly quelled by a big bowl of mom’s homemade chili and a 9:45 pm bedtime. Up at 6 am to conquer the day! (Yes, I need as much sleep as a toddler.)
What’s new with ya’ll? Anything exciting happen in my absence?