Earring cuffs are the latest trend in jewelry and have become quite popular, because you don’t have to pierce your ears or fight with those clip-on earrings to wear this new style. In fact, these earrings have become so popular that many people have gotten good at making DIY earring cuffs.
If you’re wondering how to make earring cuffs, there are plenty of videos on YouTube that will walk you through the process.
However, this article can give you the basics you will need on how to make earring cuffs yourself.
How to Make Earring Cuffs: Tools You Will Need
To make earring cuffs, you really don’t need many tools. Here is a simple list of what you may need.
- Thin jewelry wire or some paper clips
- Round nose pliers
- Needle nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Nail file
- Measuring tape
- Pen or felt tipped marker
- Beads or other embellishments
These are all of the basic tools you will need to make most any type of earring cuff you would like. Make sure you start simple until you get the hang of bending the wire; then from there you can use your imagination to make various styles and designs of cuff earrings.
How to Make Earring Cuffs in 10 Simple Steps: Heart Earring Cuff
- This simple heart-shaped earring cuff fits on the small piece of cartilage at the inside of your ear. Just follow this guide on how to make earring cuffs of this style.
- Take a paperclip and straighten it all the way out. It may take a while to get the kinks out of it from where the paperclip was bent.
- Once the paper clip is straight, cut it in half
- File both ends of the wire to ensure that it is smooth.
- Bend each end of the wire to form a small round eye using the needle nose pliers for bending, and make sure both eyes are facing towards each other.
- Bend your wire in half until the two ends with the eyes are close together.
- Using the flat nose pliers grab the eye end of the bent wires and hold it firm.
- Now take the needle nose pliers and bend the bottom half of the wire as close together as possible to form a heart shape.
- Take the felt-tipped pen and bend the very bottom of the squeezed together wire around the pen to form a curve. And then remove it from the pen.
- Kink the very edge at the bottom of the curved wire inward to hold the earring in place onto it on your ear.
- Fit the heart to your ear, and use your fingers to adjust the fit.
To learn more about how to make earring cuffs, check out some of the different videos on YouTube.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also want to learn how to master photography in six easy steps.